Yep, another kale recipe! I found this recipe on Allrecipes.com while searching for new and different kale recipes. Husband LOVES pasta (seriously, he would eat it for every single meal and be perfectly happy), so mixing kale and pasta is a great way to eat more kale and also make Husband very happy (tho he does like kale, just not as much as pasta). As always, my recipe was slightly altered. Also it served 2 very hungry people, or 4 people with normal appetites.
- 1 (8 ounce) package uncooked farfalle (bow tie) pasta
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 medium red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 medium yellow bell pepper, chopped
- 1 cup roughly chopped kale
- 4 cloves garlic, chopped
- 1 can diced tomatoes (or fresh, if you have them!)
- 1 pinch dried basil
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 8 ounces feta cheese, crumbled
- Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Add pasta and cook for 8 to 10 minutes or until al dente; drain.
- Heat oil in a skillet over medium heat. Stir in red pepper, yellow pepper, kale, tomatoes and garlic. Season with basil, salt and black pepper. Cook until vegetables are tender. (as always with kale, don’t cook until it’s pea-green and mushy. That makes it quite gross)
- In a large bowl, or the pasta pot, toss cooked pasta with skillet mixture. Sprinkle with feta cheese to serve.