You may have caught on by now, but I LOVE kale! At our house, we have kale about 5 nights a week. So I need lots of different styles and flavours to keep it from getting boring. Tonight I made a salad with almonds and pomegranate. Yes, pomegranate seeds can be a pain to get out, but it’s so worth it!
- 1/2 pound kale
- 1 1/2 cups pomegranate seeds
- 2 tablespoons sunflower seeds (I didn’t have any on hand, but they would be wonderful!
- 1/3 cup slivered almonds
- 5 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil (optional)
- Wash and shake off extra water from the kale. Remove the center ribs and stems; discard. Chop the leaves until fine but still a little leafy.
- Combine the chopped kale, pomegranate seeds, sunflower seeds, and sliced almonds in a large bowl; toss to combine. Drizzle the balsamic vinegar, and olive oil over the kale mixture while continuing to toss. Enjoy!