So. What says comfort food more than grilled cheese and tomato soup? Nothing! Not to us, anyhow. So tonight I kind of threw health out the window and decided to make a gourmet comfort food dinner. The star of the show was this Grilled Brie and Fig sandwich. It was so… I don’t even have words for it. Rich, amazing, delectable, sweet, fantastic… just wonderful. I will be making these again, but not anytime too soon, for the sake of our arteries!
Makes 1 sandwich
- 2 slices of bread. I used an artisan whole wheat bread
- a few slices of brie (enough to cover once slice of bread)
- 1/2 tbs (apx) fig spread
- fresh or dried rosemary (fresh is preferable, but since I didn’t have any I used a Rosa Maria blend which is dried rosemary and garlic)
- 1 pat of butter
- Put the brie on one slice of bread.
- Spread fig spread on the other slice
- Put together
- Put butter and rosemary in skillet on MEDIUM (do not put on high. It will burn the rosemary and your bread will get hot and crispy before the cheese melts)
- Cook the sandwich on each side until golden brown. If your bread gets done before the cheese is melted, just put them in a warm oven for a few minutes.
(sorry it’s a bit blurred. Glass plates make it a bit hard…)
Ta da! My stomach hurts (in a good way), and I hope yours does too. Bon Appetite!