Today my dear friend Holly and I have our Reiki II certification class. As with the first time, it’s a 5 hour class. Usually we take a break in the middle for lunch. But this evening I am going out to dinner with some friends, so I don’t want to fill up at 3 pm. Instead, I decided to eat an early lunch at home before hand, then bring something with me to snack on.
I. Love. Kale
I love everything about kale! I cook it several times a week, eat it raw, even make it into smoothies. But this is something I had yet to try… kale chips! So I figured “why not?” and gave it a go. Fantabulous! I will be making these frequently. Healthy, amazingly tasty, and very simple.
These came off a site called Skinny Taste, which I have gotten recipes from before. (my recipe is ever so slightly altered)
- 1 bunch kale (12 oz after removed from stems)
- 1 tsp olive oil (spray)
- a sprinkle of sea salt or kosher
- 1/2 cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F. Lightly spray two large baking sheets with oil.
- Wash and thoroughly dry kale. Remove the leaves from the thick stems and tear into bite sized pieces.
- Place on baking sheets, spray with olive oil and sprinkle with salt.
- Bake for 8 minutes
- Top with Parmesan cheese, and pop back in the oven for an additional minute or two if you want, to help the cheese melt. Keep a VERY close eye on them tho, as they can go from perfect to burnt in a split second!