So last night, being Thursday, was Stefanie and Farrah night. We decided, since husband has returned from the ocean, we would have a double date movie night. So she and her boy came over to our place for X-Men 2 (yes, joint decision) and finger foods. She made a wonderful Bruschetta dip and I made a Skinny Taco Dip. You know, those amazing 7-layer dips you have a parties and family reunions? That, but with many fewer calories. Both Stef and I are making a point to eat healthy/diet, but that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice taste! This recipe is from a neat site which I shall be frequenting called SkinnyTaste. So here it is!
Oh, you should note that this originally called for iceburg lettuce, which I left out because I don’t really care for it. No nutrients and really no flavour. I did, however, add the can of black beans for a bit of extra protein and also make it a bit more filling (more of a small meal. Also, if it’s more filling, you eat less, therefore cutting calories!)
- 8 oz 1/3 less fat Philadelphia cream cheese
- 8 oz reduced fat sour cream
- 16 oz jar mild salsa
- Chili Powder, Cumin and Garlic powder to taste
- 1 can black beans
- 2 large tomatoes, diced
- 1 cup reduced fat shredded cheddar cheese
- 2.25 oz black olives (I skipped the olives as I did not have any, but they would be wonderful!)
- In a large bowl combine cream cheese, sour cream, salsa and spices and mix well with an electric mixer
- Spread on the bottom of a large shallow glass dish.
- Top with beans, tomatoes, shredded cheese and black olives. Serve with baked tortilla chips.