You may have noticed this if you have read my blog much at all, but I like to cook healthy. However now that Stephan is home it turns out a diet of strictly greens and oatmeal (not together) is not adequate. So, tonight I made stir fried kale and spinach, Lemon Roasted Potatoes, and for him, “Oh My Goodness chicken” (yes, pinterest.)
Here is the potato recipe. These are amazing!
(oh yes, I drastically reduced the amounts used so there was enough for the 2 of us for dinner and no left-overs. But here is the recipe for the full amount, but with my modifications)
- Nonstick vegetable oil spray
- 4 pounds Yukon gold potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1/2 cup fresh lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons chopped fresh dill (or a bunch of dried dill, which I used, to taste)
- a bunch of diced/chopped garlic, to taste
- Preheat oven to 375°F. Spray 2 large rimmed baking sheets with nonstick spray; set aside.
- In a large bowl, toss potatoes with 1/2 cup olive oil and sprinkle generously with salt and black pepper. Transfer potatoes in single layer onto baking sheets, dividing equally. Roast 30 minutes.
- While potatoes are roasting, make the dressing by whisking extra-virgin olive oil, lemon juice, dill, and lemon peel in small bowl. Pour the mixture into another small bowl and add garlic.
- Divide garlic mixture between baking sheets with potatoes and toss to coat; reverse baking sheets and continue to roast until potatoes are tender and brown around edges, about 15 minutes longer.
Om nom nom!