Yes, another pinterest find. And yes, another unhealthy but incredibly tasty dish. It is Easter morning (He is Risen!) and also Stephan’s first morning home since he got back that he hasn’t had to get up and go to work. (Mind you, he was on duty yesterday and he only got home at 8 am, but still!) So between those two celebration-w0rthy things, I figured health could go out the window this morning and we would make something fantastic. So, here it is! Cinnamon Roll French Toast (I once again halved the recipe since there is only 2 of us and we do not need to eat a 9×13 pan of this ooey gooey goodness) We ate this with mugs of tea. Perfect.
Cinnamon Roll French Toast Bake
Makes a 9×13 pan
1/4 cup melted butter
2 cans refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
2 teaspoons vanilla
1 cup chopped pecans
3/4 cup maple syrup
1. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
2. Pour the melted butter into an ungreased 13×9 glass baking dish. Separate both cans of refrigerated cinnamon buns into 16 cinnamon buns, setting the icing aside. Then cut each cinnamon bun into 8 pieces and place the pieces on top of the butter in the baking dish.
3. In a medium bowl beat the eggs. Then beat in the heavy whipping cream, cinnamon, and vanilla until they are well blended. Then gently pour over the cinnamon bun pieces. Sprinkle the top with the pecans and then drizzle with the maple syrup.
4. Bake for 20 to 28 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 15 minutes.
5. Microwave the icing on medium (50%) for 10-15 seconds or until it is thin enough to drizzle. Drizzle the icing over the top of the French Toast Bake. Serve with additional syrup if desired.
Small serving for Farrah. But it was so tasty!