Here is another variation on one of my favourite breakfast foods.
- 1 cup cold water
- 1/2 cup rolled oats
- 1 apple, sliced into bite sized bits
- a handful of walnuts
- 1/4 cup wheat germ
- 1/4 cup ground flax seed
- < 1/4 cup brown sugar
- a dollop of butter (I use smart balance)
- cinnamon to taste
- Put the cold water and oats in a pot. Let sit for 5-10 minutes. This allows the enzymes to break down in the oats, making for a creamier result.
- Bring water and oats to a boil. Add all other ingredients except butter, and cook on medium heat for 5 minutes, or until creamy
- Add butter, stir, and then enjoy!