This is another allrecipes.com recipe I found, slightly altered to make it veggie friendly, and one of the best dishes I’ve ever made! It was wooooonderful!
This makes about 4 servings.
- 1/2 cup cooked yellow rice
- 2 (8 inch) flour tortillas
- 1/2 tbs dry mustard
- 1 tablespoon sour cream
- 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspoon honey
- 2 tablespoons diced red bell pepper
- 2 tablespoons diced green bell pepper
- 1/4 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained
- 1/4 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/4 cup corn kernels
- 2 tablespoons shredded mozzarella cheese
- 2 tablespoons shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cumin
- Prepare yellow rice as directed on package; reserve 1 1/2 cups. Refrigerate any remaining rice for another use.
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Spray a 9×9 inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Line bottom of baking dish with a tortilla. To make the honey sauce, whisk together the mustard, sour cream, and honey in a small bowl. Combine the red pepper, green pepper, garbanzo beans, black beans, and corn in a large bowl.
- Stir the mozzarella cheese, Cheddar cheese, cumin, yellow rice, and honey sauce into the bean mixture. Mix well. Pour mixture into the baking dish. Top with a tortilla; sprinkle top with cheese and, if desired, chili powder.
- Bake in preheated oven until hot and bubbly, 30 to 45 minutes.