I made a couple loaves of whole wheat bread. It’s not bad =]
- 1 (.25 ounce) package rapid rise yeast
- 1 teaspoon white sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water (110 degrees F/45 degrees C)
- 1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
- 1/4 cup water
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- 1/4 cup honey
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 cups whole wheat flour
- 3 cups whole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Dissolve yeast and sugar in 1/2 cup warm water.
- Combine milk, 1/4 cup water, 1/4 cup butter, honey, salt and 2 cups wheat flour in large bowl. Mix in yeast mixture, and let rest 15 minutes. Add 3 cups bread flour, and knead until dough forms a ball. Knead dough 10 minutes. Place the dough in a buttered bowl, and turn to coat. Cover the bowl with plastic towel. Let dough rise for 45 minutes, or until almost doubled.
- Punch down, and divide dough in half. Roll out each half, and pound out the bubbles. Form into loaves, and place in buttered 9×5 inch bread pans. Butter the tops of the dough, and cover with towel. Let rise in a warm area until doubled; about 30 minutes.
- Place a small pan of water on the bottom shelf of the oven. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until tops are dark golden brown. Butter crusts while warm. Slice when cool.