So, this Thanksgiving we celebrated twice. On Thursday we had dinner with some friends of ours and their family. But on Friday we had our annual big Navy Thanksgiving (we had it on Friday because some of the guys had duty on Thursday. boooo). Everyone contributed at least one dish. We… kinda went overboard because we both LOVE to cook! Here is what we made
- Pumpkin pie
- home made whipped cream
- Dia’s Cranberry Salad
- A Turduckenhen (2 Cornish game hens inside a chicken inside a duck inside a turkey.) This was a joint effort between him and Daniel
I think it looks kind of disturbing, but apparently it tasted awesome!
- Chocolate Bourbon Pecan pie (https://cookwithfarrah.wordpress.com/category/dessert/)
- Lynchburg Apples (now dubbed “Drunken Apples”) (https://cookwithfarrah.wordpress.com/2010/11/27/lynchburg-candied-apples/)
- Mulled Cider Cranberry Sauce (https://cookwithfarrah.wordpress.com/2011/11/26/mulled-cider-cranberry-sauce/)
- Candied Sweet Potatoes (https://cookwithfarrah.wordpress.com/2009/12/06/candied-sweet-potatoes/)
I apologize for the links being out next to each item. For some reason WordPress is not allowing me to make text links. I will attempt to fix this again in the future.
So that was our contributions to the amazing Thanksgiving feast! Sooooooooo full. But happy. And tired.