Early the other morning I dreamed about fresh, hot, homemade raspberry scones. So obviously the only thing to do is to make some! These turned out wonderfully
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup raspberry jam
- 1/3 cup buttermilk
- 1/4 cup milk
- 1 cup raspberries
- 1/3 cup or less sugar
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a baking sheet.
- In a large bowl, stir together flour,sugar, baking soda and baking powder. Mix in butter and raspberry jam. Add buttermilk and milk; mix just until moistened. Fold in raspberries. Form into an oblong loaf and place on a baking sheet. I had to just pour it into a loaf shape, because it was too liquid/sticky to roll. Still worked tho!
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and cut loaf into 6 wedge shaped pieces. Place pieces on baking sheet and continue baking for 15-20 minutes.
Pull out of the oven, add butter and enjoy! Nom nom nom