Husband’s schedule is currently such that he is now home during the mornings. So, yesterday I made us some wonderful Blueberry Buckle. It’s somewhere between a breakfast and a dessert, but on occasion, it’s a yummy breakfast, served with a hot cup of coffee and the One I love.
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 1/4 cup butter
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 cups fresh blueberries
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1/3 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, softened
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Grease one 8×8 inch pan.
- Cream together 3/4 cup sugar, 1/4 cup butter, and egg.
- In a separate bowl mix together 2 cups flour, baking powder, and salt. Stir into sugar mixture, alternating with milk. Stir in blueberries. Pour into greased 8×8 inch pan.
- To make topping: Combine 1/2 cup sugar, 1/3 cup flour, cinnamon, and butter. Sprinkle over cake batter.
- Bake at 375 degree F (190 degrees C) for 30-45