I love Greek salad! This is one of my favourite things to make for dinner. Mmm. And there’s always leftovers, and this is as good (if not better) the next day!
- 2 cups Taboule or any cooked grain
- 1 can chick peas
- 1/2 onion
- 1 cup chopped fresh spinach
- 1/2 fresh bell pepper (any colour is good, but red looks really pretty!)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 4 tsp lemon juice
- 3 cloves fresh garlic
- salt and pepper to taste
- feta cheese to taste
- Cook the grain
- mix all ingredients in a bowl, and let sit in the fridge for at least 1/2 hour, and then serve it up!
Hope you enjoy it as much as we do =]
My husband works crazy hard, between 90 hours on a easy week, and 110 hours on a busier week. So because he works so hard, I try to make good food for him. Last night I made sauteed asparagus, sweet potato fries, and Honey Orange Garlic chicken breasts.
Sweet Potato Fries
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into french fries
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon all spice
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- kosher salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons light olive oil
- Preheat an oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Rinse the sweet potato fries with cold water and drain. Spread onto a baking sheet.
- Stir the cinnamon, cardamom, ginger, all spice, and brown sugar together in a bowl; sprinkle over the fries. Drizzle the olive oil over the fries.
- Bake in the preheated oven until tender, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to serve.
Honey Orange Garlic Chicken
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce ( I used this amazing Ponzu ™ citrus soy sauce)
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- To Make Marinade: Combine the soy sauce, honey, orange juice, garlic, oregano, pepper and paprika. Mix all together and pour over chicken pieces. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Place chicken and marinade in a 9×13 inch baking dish and bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Baste once.