I was craving something chocolaty, but didn’t want to buy pre-packaged cookies, so I made my own =]
Chocolaty Chocolate Chip Cookies
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1 1/2 cups white sugar
- 2 eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 2/3 cup cocoa powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- In large bowl, beat butter, sugar, eggs, and vanilla until light and fluffy. Combine the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt; stir into the butter mixture until well blended. Mix in the chocolate chips. Drop by rounded teaspoonfuls onto ungreased cookie sheets.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes in the preheated oven, or just until set. Cool.
These are wonderful! You can also add walnuts if you like =]
At my dads suggestion, I made corn fritters for dinner last night. I hadn’t made these in quite a while, and I have no idea why I waited so long! These things are amazing. Husband and I scarfed them up, and he took the rest of the plate to work with him for duty today! I will be making these frequently.
Farrah’s Corn Fritters
2 cups plain yellow stone ground corn meal
3 tsp baking powder
apx. 1 tsp salt
1/4 cup oil
1 cup milk
1 egg, beaten
1/2 a can corn
2 handful’s shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 chopped onion (or more if you’d like)
several good shakes of garlic powder to taste(many shakes in my case ^_^)
3-7 shakes of chili powder, to taste (I used 7)
Heat up a griddle to 400*. Mix all the ingredients together in a bowl. The “dough” should be thick. Take smallish handfuls of the dough and it into a ball and then smoosh it flat! Then pop it on the griddle! Cook until the back side is golden brown, then flip! Same on the other side. Then serve her up! FANTASTIC!
TA DA! Fritters. Damn, I love being southern.