I love acorn squash. I have some memories of my mum and dad making this around the holidays when I was a kid, and now that I”m all growed up I get to make it for myself! I had never thought of putting pepper in the squash before, but it turns out that it’s freaking awesome! Try it.
- 2 acorn squash, halved and seeded
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup butter, diced
- 6 tablespoons firmly packed brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Place squash in a shallow baking pan, cut side down.
- Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes, or until tender.
- Turn cut side up; season with salt and pepper, dot with butter and sprinkle with brown sugar and cinnamon.
- Bake for 20 minutes more.