Last night, my dear friend Stef and I made cupcakes for her co-workers.
Considering she works at an eye doctor’s office, we made a bunch of eyeball/retina cupcakes, along with some basic spooky Halloween cupcakes.
They were just basic Vanilla cupakes, but wow were they good!
Makes 24 Cupcakes
- 2/3 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup superfine sugar
- 1 1/2 cups self-rising flour
- 3 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 12 cup muffin pan or line with paper baking cups.
- In a large bowl, mix butter and sugar with an electric mixer until light and fluffy, about 5 minutes. Stir in the eggs, one at a time, blending well after each one. Stir in the vanilla and flour just until mixed. Spoon the batter into the prepared cups, dividing evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven until the tops spring back when lightly pressed, 18 to 20 minutes. Cool in the pan set over a wire rack. When cool, arrange the cupcakes on a serving platter.
- Frost them! (optional, but I totally suggest it)