This is one of my favourite Thanksgiving recipes. I got the original off AllRecipes, but edited it just a little. Always a hit ^_^
Candied Sweet Potaotes
- 4 pounds sweet potatoes, quartered
- 1 1/4 cups margarine
- 1 1/4 cups brown sugar
- ground cinnamon to taste
- ground nutmeg to taste
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F. Grease a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Peel potatoes, and slice. Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Add potatoes and boil until slightly underdone, about 15 minutes. Drain.
- Stir margarine, brown sugar and spices into potatoes. While stirring mash about half of the potatoes, and break the others into bite-sized chunks. Transfer to prepared dish.
- Sprinkle pecans and some brown sugar over top of smashed potatoes
- Bake in preheated oven for 15 minutes. Remove from oven and cover top evenly with remaining marshmallows. Return to oven and bake until marshmallows are golden brown.