I love Poppers. I look forward to them whenever I eat out. So last year I decided to try making them myself. They turned out really well, so I shall share it with you!
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 15 fresh jalapeno peppers, halved lengthwise and seeded
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1/2 tablespoon milk
- 1 1/2 cups crushed corn flake cereal
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Lightly grease a medium baking sheet.
- In a medium bowl, mix together cream cheese, sharp Cheddar cheese and mayonnaise. Stuff jalapeno halves with the mixture.
- Whisk together eggs and milk in a small bowl. Place crushed corn flake cereal in a separate small bowl.
- Dip each stuffed jalapeno half into the egg and milk mixture, then roll in corn flake cereal to coat.
- Arrange in a single layer on the prepared baking sheet. Bake in the preheated oven 30 minutes, or until filling is bubbly and lightly browned.