This is a recipe that I first made for my husband during Rosh Hoshanah. I made it again tonight for my Bible study. I forgot, however, to take a picture before I served it. Anyway, this is a wonderful recipe that is always a hit. Enjoy!
Makes 5 servings
- 1 (2 to 3 pound) whole chicken, cut into pieces
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 2 cloves crushed garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- To Make Marinade: Combine the soy sauce, honey, orange juice, garlic, oregano, pepper and paprika. Mix all together and pour over chicken pieces. Refrigerate for 2 to 4 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Remove chicken from refrigerator. Place chicken and marinade in a 9×13 inch baking dish and bake, uncovered, in preheated oven for 1 1/2 hours. Baste once.