I am a vegetarian, but my wonderful husband is not. So, I try to make meals/foods for him involving meat. So, this is one of recipes I cooked for him.
Note: husband suggests that it’s important not to use a cheap beer such as Budweiser. I used Samuel Adams Boston Lager, and it turned out perfectly.
Makes 8 servings
- 1 (28 ounce) bottle ketchup
- 24 fluid ounces beer
- 1 1/2 pounds ground beef
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 onion, chopped
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Place the beer and ketchup in a slow cooker on high setting and allow to simmer..
- Meanwhile, in a large bowl, combine the ground beef, garlic powder and onion, mixing well. Form mixture into meatballs about 3/4 inch in diameter. Place meatballs in a 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Bake at 400 degrees F (200 degrees C) for 20 minutes.
- Transfer meatballs to the slow cooker with the beer and ketchup and simmer for 3 hours; sauce will thicken.
My husband is on duty, so he hasn’t gotten to try them yet, but I’ll post his thoughts on them later.
Husband declares these meatballs are “delicous!” and “amazing!” I’d say they were a success